April showers will eventually bring spring flowers, but you don’t have to wait to access all the new eBooks and videos that have sprung up in Mapt’s Skill Plan categories this month. Dive into a new project or continue to develop your skills with these eBook and video courses released in April. You can subscribe or start your free 30-day trial with Mapt for unlimited access to everything in the Packt library. That’s over 4,000 eBook and video courses with more being added every month!
We’ve also set out to prove that you can play and learn at the same time this April – multitasking at its finest. If you sign up to the Skill Up Challenge and meet the Mapt usage requirements (50 completed sections) during the month of April 2017, you will be entered for a chance to win a free Nintendo Switch. All you have to do to qualify is sign up and go learn some things!b
There’s been an avalanche of new application development titles in Mapt this month which is great news for all you app devs out there. We’re especially taken with the Java 9 with JShell, Learning Java Lambdas, and C# 7 and .NET Core: Modern Cross-Platform Development eBooks and heartily recommend you give them a read.
Python enthusiasts will like the Modern Python Solutions – Part 2 video and can go back for more with the Modern Python Solutions – Part 3 video. These videos will give you insight into specific language features, nuances of Python syntax, and how to effectively leverage these.
If you’re a web dev looking to develop native applications for iOS and Android, you’ll want to check out the React Native Recipes – Volume 1 video which covers topics ranging from adding basic UI components to implementing Redux.
More new application development releases:
- Angular Router
- Building Dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016
- Building ERP Solutions with Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Everyday Data Structures
- Force.com Enterprise Architecture
- iOS Programming Cookbook
- Learning Microsoft Cognitive Services
- Mastering Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
- PHP Microservices
- QGIS Python Programming Cookbook, Second Edition
- Swift iOS Programming for Kids
- Testing Practitioner Handbook
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Android Design and Best Practices – Volume 1 [Video]
- Building an Unreal RTS Game: The Basics [Video]
- Building Applications with Mean Stack [Video]
- Building Microservice with AKKA HTTP [Video]
- Functional Programming in C# – Part 3 [Video]
- Fundamentals of Practical Haskell Programming [Video]
- Getting Started with Agile [Video]
- Getting Started With Julia [Video]
- Learning AirWatch 9 [Video]
- Secure Your Spring-Based Applications [Video]
- Using the ArcGIS Online Platform [Video]
- Vulkan Programming [Video]
Big Data and Business Intelligence
This is a hot topic so we’ve prepared a smorgasbord of courses for you to sink your teeth into. Looking for lightning-fast data solutions? Dive into the fastest growing open-source project in the world with Learning Apache Spark 2, and then dive even deeper with Mastering Spark for Data Science for advanced Spark architectures and algorithms.
Other eBooks that will get you up to speed on cutting-edge big data topics are Neural Network Programming with Java – Second Edition and Python Data Analysis – Second Edition.
Looking for some machine learning projects? Learn how to extract the most insight from complex data by watching the Building Machine Learning Systems with TensorFlow video.
Did you know that the Jupyter Notebook makes data analysis easier to record, understand, and reproduce? You can learn how to work with this this web-based environment and see how it integrates with various programming languages in the Jupyter Notebook for All – Part I video.
More new big data and business intelligence releases:
- Effective Business Intelligence with QuickSight
- Java Data Science Cookbook
- Learning Quantitative Finance with R
- Mastering Blockchain
- Mastering Salesforce CRM Administration
- PostgreSQL High Performance Cookbook
- SQL Server 2016 Developer’s Guide
- Python: Data Analytics and Visualization
- R: Predictive Analysis
- Numerical and Scientific Computing with SciPy [Video]
- Deep Learning with R [Video]
- Fundamentals of SEMrush [Video]
- Getting Started with Machine Learning with R [Video]
- Getting Started with Python Web Scraping [Video]
- Jupyter Notebook for All – Part II [Video]
- Learning Python Data Analysis [Video]
Game Development, Hardware and Creative Projects
Bring your projects to life with these eBooks, from teaching kids (and the young at heart) programming to building supercomputers!
You can add some realism and functionality to your games with the Game Physics Cookbook – it has over 100 recipes to help you implement efficient game physics and collision detection.
More new game development, hardware, and creative project releases:
- Arduino for Kids
- Build Supercomputers with Raspberry Pi 3
- GNU/Linux Rapid Embedded Programming
- Raspberry Pi Zero Cookbook
- ROS Robotics Projects
Networking and Servers
We have some fantastic new courses for those of you working with networks and servers new in this month. Start by learning to leverage the Ansible automation engine to tackle complex, real-world problems with Mastering Ansible – Second Edition.
More new networking and server releases:
- DevOps with Windows Server 2016
- Learning C for Arduino
- Learning ServiceNow
- Troubleshooting OpenVPN
- Linux Networking Solutions – Part 1 [Video]
- Mastering Nmap [Video]
Virtualization and Cloud
You’re in for a treat with these cutting-edge eBooks and videos. We recommend DevOps: Puppet, Docker, and Kubernetes which will show you how to automate and manage Linux containers with the Docker 1.6 environment and jump-start your Puppet development.
Do you use Amazon Web Services? The Learning AWS Lambda video will show you tools and techniques for building serverless applications and introduce you to programming Amazon Lambda with Node.js, Java, Python, and C#.
More virtualization and cloud releases:
- Robust Cloud Integration with Azure
- Troubleshooting Docker
- Advanced Microsoft SCCM Current Branch Scenarios [Video]
- Advanced System Center 2016 Operations Manager [Video]
- Advanced VDI with VMware Horizon 7 [Video]
- Learning Microsoft Azure [Video]
- Puppet Configuration Management [Video]
Last but certainly not least, we have plenty of courses for web devs to get stuck into. The React and React Native eBook will help you build cross-platform desktop and mobile applications using Facebook’s innovative UI libraries. You’ll be able to create powerful and feature-complete applications from just one code base!
Developers just can’t get enough of Angular 2 so we’ve added a host of practical resources to our library, including the Angular 2 Solutions – Intermediate Concepts and Angular 2 Solutions – Advanced Concepts videos. We love Angular 2 because it’s leaner than its predecessor and it has fully embraced all of the newest concepts built into the next generation of browsers. Stay ahead of the curve by familiarizing yourself with this new paradigm for applications!
More web development releases:
- Magento 2 Beginner’s Guide
- PHP Reactive Programming
- D3.js: Cutting-edge Data Visualization
- Flask: Building Python Web Services
- Magento 2 – Build World-Class online stores
- Beginning Laravel [Video]
- Bootstrap 4 Projects [Video]
- Learning Full Stack Development [Video]
- Learning React.js with Flux [Video]
- Mastering CSS – Second Edition [Video]
- WordPress: Beyond the Basics [Video]